my favorite gluten free food.
i have tried many a gluten free product, and these are my favorite of the moment. that being said, here's my theory and i truly live by it: a gluten free version of your favorite gluten-containing food is never going to taste as good as the original. so in order to be completely satisfied with delicious food, opt for food that is inherently gluten free. for the majority of food in our house this is the case, nutritious food made from real, whole ingredients that are naturally gluten free. that being said, there are times when i use specific gluten free products to make life easier! here's the skinny:
1. bread. canyon bakehouse multigrain. rudi's gluten free multigrain.
2. pizza crust. kinnikinnick personal pizza crusts.
3. pasta. i prefer corn pasta to rice pasta, and haven't noticed a big difference from one brand to another. i usually buy trader joe's brand because it's cheap!
4. pancake/baking mix. pamela's for sure.
5. muffin mix. i am not a great baker, so i rely on mixes. i prefer only oats, and also often use pamela's as a base.
6. cakes & cupcakes. once again, i have settled on pamela's cake mixes for these.